Join Greyhound Research and Sanchit Vir Gogia on Twitter Chat on #APIMGT

138 views Reading Time: 2 minutes

Join Greyhound Research (@Greyhound_R) and Sanchit Vir Gogia (@s_v_g) for a tweet-up on API Management: An API Strategy is an imperative. Not a choice.


  • Sanchit Vir Gogia, Chief Analyst & Group CEO, Greyhound Research @s_v_g
  • Promod Vallanur, Senior Product Manager, API Management, IBM Systems @pramodvallanur
  • Ivor Soans, Managing Editor, Enterprise Technology, Network 18 @IvorSoans

WHEN: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 1500 hrs – 1600 hrs (IST)

WHERE: or your favourite Twitter app, using #APIMGT

WHAT: The interconnected revolution is here today:

  • Refrigerators can now tell their manufacturers’ services systems when maintenance is required
  • Cars can do the same with routine maintenance notifications
  • Smart electric meters can send usage and consumption information to their utility company.

These are not just future possibilities but current realities. All of this is made possible through APIs. In today’s data centric world, smart devices are not just the phones, tablets or game consoles, but also cars and refrigerators!

Whether you are considering APIs or not, it is very likely one of your competitors is. In the highly competitive world we live in today, it is imperative you start considering an API strategy.


You tweet with #APIMGT during the tweet-up so that your tweets show up to everyone participating in the tweet chat. Really, no point in missing out the action!

Goes without saying – but best when said – please take a moment and follow other fellow tweeters participating in the tweet-up — always great to grow your network with like-minded individuals.

Follow along, reply or ask questions, and enjoy! We look forward to seeing you on Twitter.

API Chat


  1. Interesting topic, Sanchit. Not many truly understand the potential of APIs yet. Mostly it’s still discussed and spoken about when we talk of Amazon et al. But at my firm we’ve been using APIs extensively to work with key partners and exchange data on our inventory. Love to join the chat, the only problem being the time zone difference from PT time 😉 Nonetheless, good luck!

    1. Thanks Wright, appreciate your comments. Completely agree with you! Been working with some of the largest orgs in Asia Pacific on this topic and the notions are much the same. IMHO, having APIs alone doesn’t make you a part of the API Economy – there are stages of evolution and orgs must understand the complexity around this topic before calling themselves as contributors to the API Economy!

      1. Like how you mention API journey. We are still at the ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) model and currently exploring ways to use the current architecture and expose chosen data sets to partners and vendors. While the need is broadly understood in our bank, concerns on scalability and security are slowing down our pace. But glad someone’s talking about this topic!

  2. Sanchit, great choice of topic! In my view, while there are technical reasons why API strategies are worth pursuing, an API strategy is ultimately not about technology.

    1. Thanks Juan! Totally agree with you. In each of my user discussions I always bring up this topic and why API is an architecture discussion and must ultimately link to the broader business objectives. What is also seldom understood is the need for business leaders to be involved in these discussions. In a recent case, we’ve been working with a large org in Easter Europe and they have over 500 APIs. Interestingly, only less than 10% are actually contributing back to the business and remainder 90% are either defunct due to business model changes or were made purely out of fancy from the IT team!I IMHO, API strategy must be evaluated every few quarters to ensure it chimes well with the business objectives.

      Thanks again for your comment, Juan!

  3. It would be interesting to hear what you have to say about the future of APIs. For our org, what really works right now is having the flexibility of custom software integrations via our set APIs – which is basic as we are a small 30 people firm.
    I would like to know your thoughts on how APIs make a better mobile enabled workplace. Look forward to the chat.

Leave a Reply