“Competitive differentiation depends on pervasive customer engagement in a business environment that is proactive, innovative, agile and people-centric. Using Tom Peters’ principles such as “bias for action,” every person in your organization should be empowered to deliver maximum value to the customer at every moment. Where big data is concerned, experience optimization, next best action, stream computing and self-service contextual analytics can be key components in an action-biased culture that delivers continuous customer satisfaction.” [Adapted from Big Data As a Strategic Asset: Got Guru?]
In our next twitterchat guest, Sanchit Vir Gogia, Founder & Group CEO, Greyhound Knowledge Group, joins us as we discuss “From Transactions to Contextual Engagement: Strategy Please?” James Kobielus, IBM’s Big Data Evangelist and resident SME for #CXO chat also joins the conversation! Here are the questions we’ll be discussing as well as reference articles to help inspire the August 19th discussion at 12 PM EST.
#CXO Chat Discussion Questions:
1. How do you build a business case around contextual engagement to get buy-in from the leadership team?
2. How can companies plan for and cultivate exceptional pre and post transaction customer conversations and engagement strategies?
3. How do you bridge the gap between customer value creation and value consumption?
4. Despite the large amounts of customer data today how do businesses remain agile and shift with constantly changing consumer behavior?
5. What should the IT team do to play a more proactive role in improving customer engagement in the near future?
6. How can businesses use emerging technologies like Cloud, Mobility, Big Data and Social to improve customer engagement?
7. What’s the key to being contextually relevant at any point in the customer journey?
8. What would a customer engagement strategy for the 2020 customer look like?
9. Is big data improving or diminishing customer engagement?
#CXO Chat Reference Articles:
The new digital customer journey: Cross-channel, mobile, social, self-service, and engaged | http://bit.ly/16fND5R
IBM Improving the Science to Apply Business Analytics for Better Customer Engagementhttp://bit.ly/13oXUhU
The Big Deal About Big Data for Customer Engagement http://bit.ly/1dcYZLw
Is Big Data Shrinking Customer Engagement? | http://bit.ly/12adprj
Big Data As a Strategic Asset: Got Guru? | http://bit.ly/1dbUUav
#CXO Guest Bio:
Sanchit is the Founder & CEO of Greyhound Knowledge Group that operates under three brands in emerging markets – Greyhound Research, Greyhound Sculpt and Greyhound Technocrat Search. The group currently employs experts with experience in IT Research & Advisory, Consumer Research and Executive Search.
Sanchit is a highly recognized and reputed IT analyst, consultant and advisor. He is also the author of the famous blog, “As Disruptive As IT Gets”. Known for his passion for emerging markets and technologies, he has gained repute in the technology community by authoring numerous thought provoking reports on topics like Cloud Computing, Big Data and Customer Engagement. With extensive experience in research, strategy, sales and marketing, Sanchit has solid experience as an IT analyst, advisor and consultant advising both end-users and vendors.
What is #CXO chat?
#CXO chat is a weekly conversation every Monday at 12 Noon EST, on Twitter. Each week we discuss a different customer experience optimization topic.
How do you join in?
If you use a Twitter client like Tweetdeck, HootSuite or Seesmic Desktop, create a search column for the term ‘#CXO’. Then as we tweet with the #CXO hashtag, they will show up in your column. Or you can follow with Twubs – http://twubs.com/cxo and it automatically adds the #CXO hashtag
How do you participate?
Just jump right in! Review the discussion questions posted so you can prepare your thoughts and answers. When the question is posed begin your response with A1: for question 1 and A2: for question 2 etc. No answer is wrong! We look forward to seeing you at the #CXO water cooler hosted by @IBMbigdata
Follow the hashtag #CXO throughout the week for articles, facts and nuggets on customer experience optimization. You can also continue the discussion on LinkedIn in the Customer eXperience Optimization group http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3952442